In 2018, we have over 450 members and 110 Active Volunteers (i.e. members who help us with one or more activities). Many have been with us from the start in 1987. All our work is done by our Active Volunteers. We have no paid staff.
Family membership is $20 for 12 months.
Single membership is $15 for 12 months.
Our members enjoy:
- supporting an organisation that actively improves the natural environment in Mt Martha for the whole community
- meeting like-minded people who are passionate about protecting our natural environment
- greater involvement in the local community and an opportunity to get actively involved and/or “have a say”
- the opportunity to attend interesting environmental speaker events
- an informative newsletter 6 times per year (email or print)
- a periodic e-Newsletter on environmental or BERG MM matters of current interest or importance
- information about local ecology ie the inter-relationships of plants, animal, soils, climate etc
- access to relevant and informative workshops, training, presentations, seminars
- advice on landscaping properties and gardens with indigenous plants to encourage local native birds, etc.
- great morning teas at working bees!
As well-known American anthropologist, Margaret Mead, said:
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”